Monday, June 28, 2010
Sunday, June 27, 2010
Saturday, June 26, 2010
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
But I aint happy...not one bit...this was not the way I wished it had happened.
Monday, June 21, 2010
Monday, June 14, 2010
Saturday, June 12, 2010
Thursday, June 10, 2010
- Zizou's penalty in the final: How cool was that noncholant chip?
- Zizou's denied by Buffon: ZZ started the move...drifted into space and met Sagnol's pinpoint cross with a thundering header...only to be denied by Buffon. It was Zizou's anguish that stands out as he screamed out in frustration...
- Pirlo's reverse pass in the SF: As reverse passes go, I've seen better...but this one stands out because it came right at 117 minutes...Pirlo's tired...probably thinking about the impending penalty shootout. He has the option of playing it safe and not risking a German counter but no...he picks out Grosso with a neat blind reverse pass...
- Zizou and Figo exchanging shirts: Two legends swapping sweat-soaked shirts...CR7 will never be that legend...never.
- Zizou's show's Ronaldinho who's Boss: Another classic performance from the legend. It all showed how Robinho embraced ZZ in the end...Ronaldinho who??
- England vs Portugal penalties: I knew Gerrard was going to miss...his face said it all...he was simply petrified
- Holland vs Portugal: Some excellent play-acting...some really wild tackles...and some stupid refeering...8 yellows and 4 reds.
- The 24 pass goal: Argentina vs Serbia...23 passes...and then the final pass
Some others would be the fake penalty Italy got against Australia...Beckham in tears after being subbed against Portugal...Graham Polls 3 yellows adding up to a red. Zidane's headbutt doesn't make it to this list...yeah it was a memorable moment but I'd rather see that man's genius than his dark side. I know there's a lot of Zidane in that list but he deserves it...he simply took France to the finals on his own. Gonna miss him this time.
Hoping for a great WC10 with loads of goals and good attacking play.