Saturday, March 27, 2010

Change of Home...

My best friend is changing her home...her 14th home in her entire lifetime. That's like almost a new house in every two years. To put that in perspective, I've stayed in one house for all my life...all my memories are in one place...

So many memories...of childhood, of school days, of college life...I hurt my head in this house for the first time and I rode my first tricycle in this house. I used to leave at 7 for school and get back at 4...knowing that my mom would be waiting for me back home. I remember how afraid I was to come home when I had my first beer...

In college, I would leave in the morning and come back late at night. I remember studying for exams late into the nights...walking around the house from one room to another. I remember the house getting renovated twice...the smell of fresh paint...the smoothness of marble. This is the place where we fought against my father's illness and where he died...

I've never been away from home for a long period of time - the maximum being two months for my internship stint with American Express in Gurgaon (that place still gives me jitters).

My house does not talk to me like it does to some...but I have memories in every corner.

No comments: