Saturday, March 20, 2010

It's not just football...

For me, the weekend game of football is not just a game of football...it's a way to release pent up emotions of the week gone by. A way to truly, if only for an hour or so, be myself...express myself...

There's an insane joy in running with a football at your feet...the sudden acceleration as you try and get past your marker...delaying the final pass until the final moment...or playing the perfect pass that leaves the entire defence stranded...the one-on-one with the keeper when each of you is trying to figure out the next move...it's pure unadulterated joy.

Wish I were a kid again...

3 comments:

Amit said...

Nice post!

devesh1511 said...

yeah man Gaja!! I understand exactly what u feeling man!!
Kaha gaye woh din...:)

Unknown said...

@amit: thanks man..coming from a batting great like you, it's an honor

@das: yeah man...gone are those days