Thursday, May 20, 2010

Broken wings and rains...

I don't know why I suddenly remembered this incident. My memory takes me back to 4th standard when I was a gangly kid of just about 9-10 years.

We were in the middle of a class and suddenly a sparrow flew in...hit the rotating fan and fell down. Girls screamed...even some guys did. Maybe even the teacher did.

I picked up the sparrow and took it to the teachers common room where I gave it some water. The wing was broken and it would never fly again. I tended for the sparrow throughout the day until it was time to leave. I wanted to take it home but a call to my mom ended that desire. I left the bird with one of the peons who had his house on the school campus.

It rained heavily that evening. I remember this as well because I played football that evening and hurt my knee.

The next day the bird was gone...it simply flew away in the evening.

I still don't know why this incident comes to my mind...maybe broken wings heal with the rain??

3 comments:

Unknown said...

well well...i am kinda speachless after reading this...glad to read that it flew away in the evening (still had i seen it flying away...it wd have been better).
broken wings and rains...if i put it in context of personal relationships...i guess we do need to tender it, do our best to keep it alive...but then its best to leave it for some time...LET IT take its own decision...sparrow flew away to whr it belonged. and esp when someone is battered...u end up taking right decisions...u decide for what u value the most. Hmmm...

Unknown said...

my first reading was only for sparrow...now i guess i am going to read this blog again and again...i guess its like...what strikes u when u read sth...this def is my fav post till now.

Unknown said...

yeah it's best to let time decide things...what's meant to happen will happen...you accept it and move on