Sunday, May 16, 2010

Incommunicado...

"You realize the true value of something when you lose it."

No one knows this better than me. Today I lost my ability to stay in touch with the world. My trusted cellphone packed it in. I guess it was long time coming. I've taken it for granted just like I do for everything...

Anyways...my cell went dead 5 min before the clock struck 12 and ushered in my 26th birthday. And it refused to get charged. Not having a spare cellphone, I faced the prospect of being incommunicado from my friends and well-wishers.

As I did not carry my cell today with me, it made for a very strange day. First of all it felt strange that the right pocket of my jeans was empty. Last time that was the case was during my engineering days when I had no cellphone. Secondly I didn't have to check my cell every now and then to see if a message has been received (off late I have been doing that so often...I guess that pissed my cell off). Thirdly, there was no way I could go online and check Facebook, check if somewhere, someone has changed a status message. There was no way to check if it had been received. And mainly...there was no way my cell was going to start crooning, "Rehna tu...hai jaisa tu...thoda sa dard tu...thoda sukoon"

It was (and still remains) a very very strange day...

4 comments:

Viumbe said...

Ah! I did find it finally!

Well, Happy Birthday!

The fb reference is so true for me!

Unknown said...

Thanks for your wishes!!

Yeah...the FB thing is common for a lot of people I guess

Samyak said...

Gajju:

1. Belated happy birthday.


2. This post made me smile. The same thing happened to me on my B'day. Only, it was out of choice.

Unknown said...

thanks samyak...yeah i heard you switched off your cell on your birthday...as a result even i'm getting accused of the same...lol