Tuesday, May 26, 2009

25 Year Timeline: Part II

Sleep as usual evades me...so much so that now I am afraid of even trying to sleep. Nevertheless, part II of the timeline of my life...

1. August 2000: Joined Ruia College for FYJC…it was a seamless move from school to college. Frankly seemed like an extension of school life minus the uniforms...
2. April 2001: Got 62.5% in 11th standard….my lowest percentage ever (well, till that point it was the lowest…later on I became adept at just nudging the 60% barrier). Hardly remember anything of these 2 years in junior college...spent most of the time away from college and made some great friends for life.
3. May 2002: Got a good enough PCM score and secured admission to DJ Sanghvi COE in the Electronics stream. It was the best choice I ever made. I had intended to take up Chemical engineering but don’t know why on the day of the admissions, I selected Electronics ahead of it…wise choice indeed as time would prove.
4. January 2003: Easily made it to the college football team and was soon a regular starter…won zilch in the first year but then was played out of position (not making an excuse here but still…).
5. March 2003: Secured 53% in Semester I…lowest ever but was simply happy with the score of 41, 42, and 41 in some dreaded subjects (although never have I ever needed grace marks to get through in any subject).
6. September 2004: Was selected as the Sports Secretary of the college for the year 2004-05 and was made a member of the Students Council.
7. April 2005: Won the Intra-Class Football tournament with my class - DJ Elex. It was a tournament that we deserved to win. After all we had the best players and played the best football…some of our scorelines were simply amazing…I remember drubbing a team 13-1 or something.
8. August 2005- May 2006: My final year in engineering college. It was my best football season with the college team…we made it 6 finals but converted just one…my performance throughout was decent…lots of assists and every penalty converted.

I aim not to sleep today...seems like a pretty good thing to do...I mean atleast I have something to do

2 comments:

Unknown said...

25 years were described...alas!!!
nice to gtta knw all this dost!!

devesh1511 said...

Nice job dude!!As for the D.J choice,I agree with you man!!
Cheers...