Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A week after the music died

A week has passed since I finished B-school. How fast time flies?

The moment I handed over the answer sheet with the carefully stapled supplement to the invigilator and walked out of the room, I felt a void, a sense of having lost something. The last time I felt like this was 9 years back, when I left school to enter college, when I stepped out from the protectiveness of teachers to get into the groove of bunking lectures en masse.

And now here I was, all of 24 years old, stepping out from a B-school to the real school. God knows what lies in store for me; going by my track…it surely is not going to be pretty.

Well, this last one week has been horrendous for me. Obscene amounts of sleeping (off late even that has come down) followed by an equally obscene amount of watching television or playing idiotic games on Facebook. And yes…those Facebook quizzes. The stupidity of these quizzes is beyond question…I mean one quiz decided on the basis of some answers to some stupid questions that I am Albus Dumbledore. It went on to describe some traits of my nature:

“You are wise, kind and still ready to fight for what you think is right…so just don’t keep too many secrets so when you're gone, people won’t think that you were shady…”

As a good friend of mine would say: "Watevr!!"

The only sense of calm in this oasis of madness has been this friend of mine who is striving hard to maintain my sanity (not that I have any left but atleast I won’t get certified for sure).

Cheers to you Diamond!!! The music is gone and the silence remains…but maybe in this silence I might hear your voice.

No comments: